Pasta making gear, ingredients and finished pasta





Today I thought I'd have a crack at making tomato pasta. My friends told me it was dead easy so was almost smacking my lips at the thought of it and my mind raced ahead with all the different kinds I could make - squid, herb, tomato, beetroot.

Well, opened the cupboard and we'd consumed every last drop of the tomato puree I needed to make it with and didn't want to try it with a tin of tomatoes as I though it might end up too sticky.

By this time I was desperate to make SOME kind of pasta so made my usual type of noodle pasta but this time I thought I'd dry it on a tray like my Italian friends always used to and here are the results. I didn't dare leave it outside in the sun as our large rooster has been investigating my pasta making process through the ranch slider and looked likely to investigate the entire tray !

This is the amount that I made with one lot of pasta ingredients and it should make a good sized meal for two of us.

You'll have to wait for next posting to find out about the tomato pasta !

Comments