Home made Pasta drying















Rows of pasta drying on my clothes airing rack

So far I haven't made any tomato pasta but it occurred to me that there is no limit to what you could add to pasta. I plan on trying other grains as well and after checking out some of the prices of gluten free products here would be a great way to have your own gluten free pasta.

My rack has been well used this past few weeks and the cat has been banned from the room, due to her interest in batting the drying noodles !

We made some tomato relish yesterday and also some tomato soup and decided to make a delicious sauce based on the same idea to top our pasta and it was absolutely delicious - the recipe follows - I use the term "recipe" rather loosely as I tend to vary it according to the herbs in the garden or what else may be lurking in the fridge at the time.

How to make the sauce
Add a large knob of butter to your pan and add finely chopped onions ( if you prefer to use spring onions then add at the end) Add sliced or chopped garlic to the onions and cook until translucent.

Chop up tomatoes - no need to cut too small as they will cook down, and simmer gently until cooked and the liquid has reduced. Add herbs to your taste - I popped in some basil and a sprig of thyme but the joy of this is you can personalize the sauce to your own tastes.

The last lot I made I added 2 Tablespoonsful of brown sugar, two tablespoons of vinegar a teaspoon of paprikia - smoked paprika is extra nice - but this is optional and not essential but gives a nice kick or you could use chilli if you prefer.

Serve with your home made pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese or your choice of grated cheese and enjoy the delicious taste of your own pasta with your own pasta sauce.
Enjoy ! Click here to visit The Pasta Shop

Comments

  1. Your kidding! Making pasta is really that easy? I'm really glad that you put this up, I am going to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad its inspired you and Yep, easy as falling off a log. Definitely give it a shot - it tastes heaps better fresh and home made AND you can add your own choice of herbs or veggies too once you get going.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment